JusMare

life...

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Thanksgiving weekend turned out much better than i expected
i got home Friday night and the boy took me out for a bit...as we walked into my house my dad was there with some family friends staying over for the weekend
Martin, Rosa and their 1 yr old daughter Camilla
my dad was 'obviously drunk' and playing with camilla on the floor
"Just practicing to be a grandfather guys," as we walk into the living room
"but I'm not in any rush"
::spec-fucking-tacular::
saturday morning I woke up and was about to burst if I didn't tell my mom
"maybe you should sit down Ma"
"what the hell did you do?"
"well I have some good news for ya"
"oh god"
"your turkey is smelling delightful"
::confused look on her face::
"well what I'm getting at is that I too have a turkey in the oven..."
"HOLY S#&%!"
that night we had the family over for a thanksgiving party, yes we have parties for just about every occasion..."oh you're pregnant? sounds deserving of a party!" (as you will see later)
the party went well but it was more than difficult to keep a secret of such life destructing magnitude from my dad (not my life but his)
to my amazement not one person asked me why I wasn't drinking or smoking and we got through the night without incident
sunday morning I woke up with determination
I was going to tell my dad and nothing was going to stop me
the reaction I was expecting from him went a little like this:
"dad I'm pregnant"
"you little slutface...I'm gonna kill you and then your good for nothing boyfriend"
his actual reaction went more like this:
"dad i'm pregnant...it's not like I planned it but Adam and I are really excited about this...I know you probably think I'm irresponsible but I promise you that I am taking full responsibilty for this and..."
::tears stream down his face::
"just shut up and come here"
::grabs me and hugs me::
"so what you're trying to tell me is that you're gonna make me a grandfather really soon"
"yes I am"
"congratulations sweetie..."
we talked about it for an hour or so and he told me that him and my mom would be there for me no matter what and how happy I'd made him
::if I wasn't preggers I probably would have put a gun to my head to wake myself up out of that crazy dream::
I could not have made up a better reaction from my dad
this child is going to grow up surrounded by so much love...
I'm no longer worried about anything because I know I have the greatest bunch of people around me to help me through it
so anyways later that night my dad invited over a few people to tell them the great news (yes another party)
and now Adam and I have a lot of planning to do...
oh yes and thank you so much to all of you for your kind words, i include all of you in the "greatest bunch of people."
Funny thing though...when telling a friend of mine about my pregnancy the first thing she said was "oh shit...well don't worry I won't tell anyone because you never know what people will say"
well let me tell you something sweetheart, if you care about what other people think of your pregnancy then you might as well not have it... what an idiotic, immature way to look at the best thing that has happened in my life... it's actually quite funny that at 20 I can be more mature about this than someone much older... if you're reading this then grow the fuck up and get on the birth control quickly because you clearly cannot raise a kid right now :)

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home